Monday, February 2, 2009

Kate the Great Contest Entries

As some of you know, Portsmouth Brewery in Portsmouth, New Hampshire is famous for their "Kate the Great" Imperial Stout. It stands as one of the most highly rated beers on BeerAdvocate and is thought very highly of by the Alstrom Brothers (that run the site.) This beer is a very limited release, usually only once or twice a year with the 22oz bottles selling out the day of the release. That being said, their site says they brew about 10 barrels, which approximates to 140 kegs - an even split between bottles and draft lines.

They are having a "creative" contest giving away a whole case of Kate the Great and, while I will be unable to attend their release, will be entering their contest. As such, I put together a bunch of different "beer haikus," but narrowed it down to three for the contest. So y'all can read my entries and see whether I have a shot. I've never done anything like this, and know that the chances of me winning are about as good as me accidentally stumbling upon millions of dollars outside my door free for the taking, but, why not?

One last drop remains.

An oily tear chicanes slow.

A warmth reconciles.

 

Pulsing painful drone.

Ruby digits taunt sleepers.

Monday morning comes.

 

A drinker’s pub math.

Wallet’s loss gains a soul’s joy.

The whole breaks even.


Anyways, those were my entries, we'll see how they do!

No comments: