Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Working Out

Last Semester, I got really behind in my fitness plans. Ironically enough, I ended up losing weight. However, it's not "good" weight to be losing. I'm pretty sure I've lost a decent amount of the muscle mass I worked so hard to put on or tone up the previous spring. As such, I made a promise to myself that, since I'm very close to my ideal weight (currently, I'm at around 153 lbs, a weight I'd never ever think I'd get to - this is about 10 lbs lower than my ideal weight,) and since I don't like living this unhealthy of a lifestyle, that I'm going to start working out again. When I say "start," I mean literally... starting over from the very beginning, as if I've never touched a weight or a piece of workout equipment in my life. From my previous experiences, this is the easiest way to go... start working on free weights and very slowly build myself up. I'm more worried about getting a significant amount of Cardio with the weather being as cold as it is, but I've said that I'd like to get out for at least an hour of walking every day just as a start. On top of that, I'm working on major/opposing muscle groups odd days of the week. I'm going to institute another one of my little tricks that works really well, which is keeping a "workout diary" where I must initial every workout I did for a given day. This will make me not want to shirk responsibilities when I must answer directly to myself. 

I'm hoping this will also normalize my beer hobby a bit. I know that I've done a ton of writing about beer and trying new beers, but I need to try to get that spending under control a little bit. I'm hoping to buy beer maybe every two-to-three weeks and have it last a while - although the release of Kentucky Breakfast later this month is going to totally bone that :P. We'll see... maybe I'll wait until the next beer meeting to buy beer... yeah, that'll last... for less than ten minutes.

Anyways, this isn't so much a "journal entry" type of blog post, I was just trying to give some helpful tips for those of you wishing to make good on New Years Resolutions to get in shape or keep weight off. Good Luck!

1 comment:

nvalley said...

This is the wrong place to put this, but, drink more IPAs Brodie. They're delicious!

neal