Saturday, March 14, 2009

LIVE REVIEW 2!: Seadog Apricot Wheat

So, tonight, after dinner and a few brews at the Roadhouse, I'm reviewing a Seadog Apricot Wheat. I have to say, I'm not expressly a fan of wheat beers, but I did enjoy the Sierra Nevada Unfiltered Wheat. I will say that I am a fan of apricot beers... or, ok so I enjoy Magic Hat #9 whenever I feel like it. That being said, here comes a Seadog! It pours a medium amber into the glass with about one quarter to half inch of off-white fizzy head that dissipates quickly, leaving no lacing whatsoever. Nose is straight apricot and nothing else, but it's not overwhelming. It's a flat apricot scent. The taste is much like a magic hat 9, except for there's no bite at all. Instead of having a huge amount of character, this beer is just flat. Granted, many of the wheat beers I've had have been flat, this beer is absolutely unforgiving. It's got the bare minimum of mouthfeel for a medium bodied beer. While I've not tried Dogfish Head's season offering Aprihop, I have to say that my go-to apricot beer (yeah, because we all have those) is Magic Hat 9.
My Rating: 5/10
Poured: Sam Adams "Perfect Pint" - Medium
BeerAdvocate: Link

No comments: